Bed wetting or urinating in bed or Nocturnal Enuresis is a common disease. Generally, children urinate in bed while in deep sleep. But if not cured timely, it may happen in the children of considerable age as well & sometimes in adults too.
In the case of adults, the reasons are generally psychological. However in so many cases, diabetes, urinary tract infection or other diseases related to kidney, bladder and prostate cause this embarrassing disease. Side effects of medicines also cause sleep enuresis sometimes.
- Precautionary measures include avoiding intake of liquid diet and water at least two to two and a half hrs. before going to bed and urinate just before going to bed.
- If sometimes there is no urge to urinate, sprinkle some water on urinary organs which will make it easy to urinate naturally.
- Also If unavoidable to control the thirst, very little water say 2 to 3 spoonfuls should be taken.
Following remedies are very helpful in curing Bed wetting:
- Take dry Amla (Gooseberry) 50 gms. and Kaala Jeera (Black cumin) 50 gms. Grind and filter them in a cotton cloth, mix well and make a fine powder. Store in a small glass bottle. Adults should take half teaspoonful of this powder, mixed well with pure honey twice a day. Children should be given 1 gm. powder well mixed with half teaspoonful pure honey, three times a day, followed by little milk i.e. 2-3 teaspoonfuls.
Further, adults should take 2 tablets of Navjeevan Ras twice a day and children 1 tablet of Navjeevan Ras twice a day.
- Take Black sesame (kale til) 50 gms., Carom (Ajwain) 25 gms., One-year-old jaggery (gur) 75 gms. Grind Sesame & Carom well so as to make a fine powder. Now mix jaggery very well and make 30 balls of 5 gms. each. Give 1 ball to the child in the morning and 1 in the evening.
Balls of 10-15 gms. of the mixture of sesame & jaggery may be given to the child for chewing well before swallowing.