A common health problem, arising out of modern lifestyle – ever-increasing workload, stress, mental tension, anxiety, irregular intake of food that too faulty fast food, lack of physical exercise etc. are some of the basic factors which give rise to hormonal imbalance, metabolic disorders and ultimately diabetes.
The impact of this irregular lifestyle does not end at diabetes, but leads to High Blood pressure, Cardiac and Cardiovascular diseases and ultimately beyond control.
There are psychological reasons too, which play a very important role in happening of diabetes. Begrudge or Grumble are the single factor largely responsible for this dreaded disorder.
All these problems can well be prevented by a very slight change in your habit.
Just follow these simple steps:
- WAKE UP as early as possible.
- DRINK at least two glasses of water, preferably warm, kept in a copper vessel.
- WALK for at least half an hour in the morning and half an hour after dinner.
- DIRECT SUNLIGHT on at least 50% body, for 20 minutes.
- LAUGH as much you can, as long you can, as loud you can, even without any reason. Try to feel like a child.
- Whatever the factors may be, Have a totally satisfied & contented life.
- Intake of refined sugar, refined salt, refined oil & refined flour in meals, should be avoided. Mishri, boora, and gur should be used as sweetner, saindha or kala namak should be used as salt, cow ghee or pure mustard /coconut oil should be used as cooking medium. Preference should always be given to the oil of locally grown oilseeds. Barley & gram mixed flour should be used for cooking meals. Mixture of Barley & Gram flour in equal proportion is the best for a healthy & happy lifestyle. Food must be chewed at least 32 times (Equal to the no. of teeth), mixing saliva very well, before finally swallowing. Also, avoid drinking cold water and use lukewarm water for drinking, for better and faster results.
- Drink one glass Lemon water half an hour before meals. Eat Bitter Gourd (Karela) sabzi(Preparation). 1 teaspoonful powder of dry Bitter Gourd with lukewarm water should be taken twice daily. Powder of stone of Jamun & Mango with warm water is also very helpful.
These were some of the steps for avoiding Diabetes.
However, if for any reason, the diabetes attacks, someone, some of the remedies are given hereunder. Any one of these may be applied.
- In order to control diabetes as well as the higher sugar level in the blood, the flowers of Lochnera rosea (Sada Bahar or Sada Suhagan) have been found to be very effective. Take 5 violet flowers of Sada Bahar in the morning and wash well. Place one cup of water on fire, warm well & close the fire. Put the flowers in another cup and fill it half with warm water, Let the flowers be in the half cup warm water for 20 minutes. The warm water will absorb the flowers’ minerals. Take out the flowers, squeeze them & throw away. Drink the water of the cup, very slowly, mixing saliva very well. Also, drink the remaining half cup of warm water. This exercise should be done for 8 days, continuously. Then close it for coming 8 days. Get sugar level checked. Repeat it for another eight days, followed by the gap of eight days in the same manner.
- Soak 2 teaspoonfuls methidana ( Fenugreek seeds) in half cup water in the evening, drink it’s water slowly & chew methidana empty stomach in the morning. After half an hour, take half a cup of Karela (Bitter Gourd) juice. Take Jamun (Black plum) seed powder 1 tsp with lukewarm water half an hour before & after the meals.
- tamp (Kootna) 2 teaspoonful absinthe or Swertia (Chirayta) and keep in an earthen pot in two glasses of water, overnight. Filter and drink in the morning. Repeat this exercise in the morning, keep the tamped Chirayta in the earthen pot in two glasses of water, filter & drink in the evening. Continue this exercise for three weeks, miraculous results.
- Mix Jeera 100 Gms. + Black Pepper 100 Gms. + Clove 20 Gms. Grind well & make a fine powder. Take 2 – 3 Gms. Of this mixture with warm water in the morning. If the sugar level is very high, three times a day.
- Take 5 Fox nuts (makhana) in the morning, empty stomach with lukewarm water.
Wholesome (Pathya) – Take one glass of fresh tomato juice in the morning. Green & Leafy vegetables like Tomato, Bitter Gourd (Karela), Reddish, Carrot, Lemon, Onion, fresh curd, sour fruits etc. Sugar level can also be normalized by taking fruits & vegetables only in the meals for a month or so.
Unwholesome (Apathya) – Sweets, Sweet drinks etc. particularly prepared from Sugar should not be consumed.