It is also called Hypertension. In today’s hectic and full of stress lifestyle, High Blood pressure is a very common problem. Genetics also plays a role. Diabetes, constipation, irregular eating habits, faulty food, particularly junk food, lack of exercise make the position worse.
In curing Hypertension, the most important things are:
- Quit smoking & alcohol as well as tea. Sugar & salt must be taken in very low quantity; spicy food and red chilli be avoided; Instead green & black chilli may be preferred. Cow milk and ghee may be taken instead of the buffalo milk & ghee.
- Manage stress. Try to avoid external factors responsible for stress. For managing the inner factors specific to an individual; regular control & follow up with the inner self, must be maintained. Yoga, meditation and mild exercises are of immense help.
- Light dinner. Early to bed and early to rise. Drink 2- 3 glasses lukewarm water immediately after getting up. Further drink 2 to 3 litres of water, preferably lukewarm daily.
- Mild physical exercises like walking, Yoga & Pranayams etc. These exercises should be done according to the physical abilities of the person, avoiding extra strains.
Here are some domestic remedies to regularize the high blood pressure. Any one of these can be applied:
- Take 5 leaves of Tulsi (Basil), preferably Black(Ocimum tenuiflorum) and 3 leaves of Neem, grind on silbatta(Manual stone grinder) and make paste. Mix & dissolve this paste in 20 Ml. of water. Drink this water daily for 2 weeks, empty stomach in the morning.
- Take 10-12 leaves of Tulsi, grind on silbatta and make a paste. Mix this paste in half cup fresh curd and half cup water and drink in the morning, empty stomach. For the mild problem of high blood pressure, take 1-2 teaspoonfuls of tulsi leaves’ juice in the morning, empty stomach. Take meals only after an hour.
- Take one glass Lauki (Bottle gourd) juice with half teaspoonful jatamansi (Nardostachys jatamansi) powder, twice a day; empty stomach.
- Take half teaspoonful Dalchini ( Cinnamon) powder, mix well with honey and take with lukewarm water, in the morning empty stomach. Diabetics may avoid honey.
- Take half teaspoonful methi dana, soak in a cup of warm water in the evening. Drink water and chew methi dana empty stomach in the morning.
- Take half teaspoonful Arjun ki chhal (Terminalia Arjuna’s bark) and boil in a cup of water. Drink when it cools down, empty stomach in the morning. It will cure heart diseases as well , open blockages too, if any, besides cholesterol, triglyecrides and weakness of the heart.
- Take 5 Bel Patra (Aegle marmelos leaves) grind well to make a paste. Boil this paste in a glass of water till water remains half. Drink when it cools down.
- Take Lauki juice (Bottle gourd) 1 cup, add a paste of 6 leaves each of Dhania(Coriander), Pudina(Mint), Tulsi(Basil), and 5 kali Mirch ( Black Pepper). Shake well & drink empty stomach in the morning. It will also regulate sugar level and gradually diabetes.