Leucoderma is a skin disease, in which white spots or patches occur at one or more parts of the body. This is also called Vitiligo. Generally there is no pain, inflammation or irritation of any type in this disease.
This is the result of Auto-Immune disorder, which disturbs the skin pigment melanin. The personal reasons for an individual are responsible for this disorder. This is not a genetic disease. It does not spread on direct contact & is not contagious. However, the patient remains under mental & psychological stress & tries to remain aloof from society.
There are following remedies for curing Leucoderma effectively. Any one of the following can be tried.
- Take Baawachi (Psoralia Corylifolia Linn), grind it well, make fine powder and store in a glass bottle.
Put one teaspoonful of this powder in one cup of water in the evening, shake well & keep it overnight. Next morning decant & sip water slowly and apply & massage the residual matter on the spots for a week or so. White spots will be removed.
- A. Take Bawachi (Psoralia Corylifolia Linn) powder 1 teaspoonful with lukewarm water, empty stomach twice a day.
B. Take Desi Babool (Acacia nilotica) extract in the morning daily. To prepare the extract, boil Babool bark 50 Gms. in 300 Mls. Water for 20 minutes on mild fire. when half of it remains. Cool it down and drink. Do not consume anything in the next hour. Keep a gap of at least one & a half hour between A & B.
- Mix one teaspoonful of powder of the bark of Desi babool (Acacia nilotica) and half teaspoonful of Triphala powder in two glasses of water. Keep it overnight. Boil it in the morning, till half of it remains. Drink it daily for a fortnight atleast.
- Take dried banana leaves, burn them to ash. Mix the ash with raw butter and apply on white spots for some days. White spots will be removed.
- (i) Mix one & a half teaspoonful turmeric powder in one glass lukewarm milk & drink twice a day.
(ii) Mix 1 teaspoonful turmeric powder in 2 teaspoonfuls mustard oil and apply on the affected area and keep for half an hour then wash with lukewarm water. Repeat this application 3 – 4 times a day.
(iii) Take 1 teaspoonful of honey and Neem leaves’ juice each, mix well and drink twice a day.
Food items with altogether contradictory effects on the human body, after consumption, must be avoided. Milk should not be consumed after Curd or Onion or jackfruit or sour fruits. Urad daal (Pulse) & curd should not be taken together. Avoid taking milk after consuming fish or vice versa. Keep a gap of at least 7 – 8 hrs.