Obesity is a medical condition in which excessive fat accumulates around our body and it adversely affects our health and daily life.
Some general factors contributing to obesity
- Excessive/Over intake of food.
- Less or no exercise.
- Genetic or mental disorders
- Side effects of medicines
- Endocrine glands’ disorders also contribute to a great extent.
Obesity is not a disease within itself but affects body activities to a large extent both internal as well as external.
It gives rise to numerous problems such as
- Getting tiring even after a little labour or exercise.
- Bad body odour.
- Blood pressure.
- Cardiac problems.
The general remedy for obesity is to avoid wheat flour in food and use Barley (Jau) flour & Gram (Chana) flour instead. Equal quantity of Barley flour & Gram flour must be used for food. This will reduce overweight & obesity, slowly.
Obesity can be prevented/cured by taking simple precautions
- Sip 2 glasses of lukewarm water, very slowly (say in 5 minutes) mixing saliva very well with each sip, immediately after getting up in the morning.
- Avoid refined sugar, refined salt, refined oil & refined flour in meals.
- Use mishri, boora, gur as sweetener, Rock salt (Saindha or Kala namak) as salt, cow ghee or pure mustard /coconut oil and barley & gram mixed flour in meals.
- Also, avoid drinking cold water and use lukewarm water for drinking for better and faster results.
Following two remedies are found very useful in controlling Obesity, any one of these may be applied:
- Dried Ginger (Sonth), Peepal (Ficus religiosa), Black pepper, Plumbago indica (Chitrak Mool), Cypriol (Nagar Montha), Embellia Ribes (Vai Vidang), Triphala. Take each of them 50 gms. each.
Grind and mix all to make a fine powder.
Now mix 500 gms. guggal (Commiphora wightii) with it and make balls of 0.5 gm, make the balls dry & store in a glass bottle.
Take one ball with water twice a day, daily.
- Take your weight. Now take 3-4 white flowers of Sada Suhagan (Catharanthus roseus), chew well, empty stomach in the morning, for continuously 8 days.
Stop it for the next 8 days (Take your weight again) and repeat it for the next 8 days again.
Repeat this intake exercise with the same interval, until the desired results are achieved.
Following Wholesome (Pathya) & Unwholesome (Apathya) must be observed with this remedy.
WHOLESOME (PATHYA) – Fresh, easily digestible food, Chhilka moong daal, Green leafy vegetables, Seasonal fresh fruits, Toned milk, Fresh Curd & Whey (Mattha), Salad & Lukewarm water must be consumed.
UNWHOLESOME (APATHYA) – Heavy ( Garishtha) & Stale Food, Fried & Spicy food, Ghee, Butter, Sweets including Sweet Fruits, Fatty diet, Cold Water & Cold Drinks, must be avoided.